quarta-feira, 28 de maio de 2014

Thoughts at 26

Via
I have always been a reader. I love films. And tv shows. And for a long time I made up stories. I made up alternative lives for me.
I love celebrating my birthday, having people I love around me and making a normal day into a very special one. But the older I get the more difficult it is. Turning 25 was very hard for me. That first time I chose a whole different age bracket
Up until now it was very important for me to say that lived with no regret. Of course I didn’t always made the right decision but I know I did my best at the time.
Recently, I realized something that could seem obvious but that I hadn’t really understood. We can only live one life. That’s it, one.
No wonder people stress out trying to be the best lover, husband, father, employee, friend, son, brother, boss, client, athlete, genius, colleague… while trying to see the world and get enough sleep.
And the worst part is that decisions must be made without you ever knowing the outcome or having a glimpse of the future. We can only be one person, have one life experience. And it goes far beyond the job you choose or the fact that you get married or not.  
This will be my year to accept my one life and to make it my own.  
 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário